"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

10 November 2009

Oh, how the day flies by!

I woke up with Nich at 5:30 (he gets up extra early on Tuesdays for accountability group with his friends) this morning so that I could get a head start on my day. I managed to spend a solid hour (I know, for those of you who are moms, this is a luxury!) in Bible study before my shower. I had to be at Open Arms before nine to pick up my scrapbooks that I had lent them for a ladies' night out with our clients and to help Barb with some computer stuff.

Well ... six hours later, I am back home and being distracted by a recording of my high school friend Joie's adorable little boy reciting Psalm 23! Ha ha. So much for that long list of things I was going to accomplish today, which went like this: "Open Arms, clean furniture, finish up painting the office, & complete this week's Bible study work. And if I have time, work on our annual Christmas newsletter."

Ah, well. It is such a blessing to be a part of that ministry, and we're moving locations, so they needed the extra hands. We also spent some time in prayer for healing for one of our counselors, so that was time well spent.

But now I have to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment