"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

02 April 2012

200th Post: A Sleeping Toddler

Little B is taking an out-of-the-norm, late afternoon nap today, so for my 200th post (!) I thought I'd share some pictures of my sleeping toddler (from a few weeks ago). Normally, he sleeps in his crib, but on this day, not only did he fall asleep on the couch, he stayed asleep while I did chores around him. I checked on him every once in a while, to make sure he didn't roll off onto the floor (and to scoot him over when he got too close to the edge).
I just love baby cheeks. They're so chubsy and kissable! Must resist...
Do you ever wonder how they sleep the way they do? My neck wouldn't stand for this angle.
And this. How is this a comfortable way to sleep? And yet, this is how he falls asleep every night. We place him on his back and he immediately rolls right over and sticks his little hiney up in the air, with his blankie stuffed under his face.
As I cleaned up the kitchen, I heard a little roar of indignation. I turned around to see this little face pop up over the back of the couch.
Washed out picture, but it's the only one I got of him looking right at me. :~) This was before he tried to take a leap off the couch instead of wiggling off backwards like he normally does.

No comments:

Post a Comment