"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

14 December 2009

My Grandpa

For those who read this and are prayer warriors, please keep my grandpa in your prayers. He is so dear to me, and being the oldest grandchild on that side of the family, I've always had a special relationship with him, even though I only see him every few years. His health has been failing, he's had several surgeries for this and that over the past couple years, and he's just not doing very well right now.

It is my heart's desire that he is able to meet Nich and live long enough to hold at least one of our children. And that he is able to know Jesus.

Please be praying for him and my grandma, as well as my mom (who still lives in Africa) and her brothers.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment