Oh, the little things that bring me happiness.
- Like the fact that I just looked through the pile of mail I've ignored for a week and noticed that an envelope from my bank (which has now been absorbed by Wells Fargo, and I'm not sure how I feel about that) has a little picture advertising the 2010 World Cup on it.
- My dishes are all washed and sparkly clean.
- I woke up to sunshine this morning, which actually counts as two things. One, I love waking up to warm sunshine on my skin. Two, the days are getting longer, so the sun comes up earlier and stays out longer. Hurrah!
- The sky is so gosh-darn-blue outside.
- Most of my seeds have sprouted. I call them my "plant babies."
- And I have a husband who did all the laundry last night while I was at Bible study.
So although there are circumstances I'm struggling with, this morning, I'm just glad for these small gifts.
"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner