"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

24 August 2010

16 Down, 24 To Go

I can't say that the weeks are flying by, but they're certainly passing by quicker than they were during the first trimester months.

Baby's gerbil-sized now, according to my weekly email update. :~) He/she can grab onto the umbilical cord and can hear external noises now. And apparently, Baby G is quite the active little one, because at our last appointment, he/she wiggled and squirmed so much, it took the doctor a while to find the heartbeat. She kept finding it then losing it as the baby kept moving.

All the results from the first round of blood tests came back with perfect results - phew! There really wasn't any cause for concern, as neither Nich or I have significant health concerns in our families, but there's always that little part of you that worries. They did take more blood last week to be sent off to the West Coast for testing, this time for Down's Syndrome, spina bifida, and two other things I can't remember, much less pronounce.

I've started showing, which is fun, but it also means I'm starting to grow out of several of my shorts and jeans. I've put off purchasing any maternity wear, but that might need to happen soon!

We'll need to clean out the room that we'll be using for the nursery soon, too, as well as think about a baby registry. School will start soon, which means I'll go back to subbing. This will be great as we won't have to budget as tightly as we have been this summer, but it will also mean that I won't have as much spare time on my hands.

And speaking of time, I have to go to work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment