"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

11 August 2010

Spoke Too Soon

So yeah. That bit about the nausea not being too bad? I take it back. I threw up for the first time today. At work. :~(

Thankfully, I made it to the bathroom on time, and it really wasn't TOO bad, all things considered. But as Nich said, "Darn it. Something you ate made you break your record!"

Ah, well. It makes me grateful that it hasn't been worse.

I'm a bit extra-weepy today about missing girl friends and my mom. Probably hormones, but it's making for a lonely evening. Nich's out helping lead the young adult community group that we're "weaning," so I'm home alone, which is part of what's heightening the loneliness. 

Funny for the Day: That pregnant "glow" that you hear about? Hasn't happened yet. I feel like my face is going through puberty again.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Love the blog. great job.

    You are invited to follow my blog. I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Savannah. Thanks for stopping by. Obviously, I'm getting your comment a couple years too late, but I hope you're still enjoying the blog!

      Delete
  2. I think that pregnancy "glow" is a complete myth. My face has always gone through what you're describing, and then later on I just looked old and haggard due to all the pregnancy spots. Thankfully it all clears up rather miraculously once the baby is born. :)

    Don't worry, though, 9 months goes by really fast, and hey, you've only got 6 left! And they're the fun 6 because you'll soon be feeling your little baby wiggling away! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just noticing all these comments. :~) Thanks for the little notes you've left! It's fun to read them all.

      Your family is beautiful!

      Delete