"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

09 September 2010

OH, YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!

There's just no other way to express it. I'm SO darn happy about this day that I've already cried, and it isn't even eight in the morning yet.

Here are all the good things about today:

1. It's my parents' anniversary. It amazes me how much they've stuck through together. Talk about commitment.
2. It's fall, which means it's cooler and the air smells so crisp and good.
3. I have a birthday present to mail to a good friend. I love packages in the mail, and it makes me happy to send them.
4. We have our ultrasound this afternoon, so we'll get to see our baby!
5. Kerry is on her way to Duke via helicopter!

It's taking my breath away how quickly and faithfully God is answering our prayers about Kerry; there is absolutely no question that this is all the work of His hands, and I am so thankful.

Last night, I heard this on the radio. I'm truly "humbled by the love that [He gives]."

And here is what greeted me one morning as I looked out the window:

No comments:

Post a Comment