"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

09 November 2010

Growing Load

I actually found myself trying to "hoist" my belly up the other day. Then I realized the utter ridiculousness of what I was doing and burst out laughing at myself.

Of course, then I had to go find Nich and tell him about it.

Three months from today is our official due date. Of course, considering only 5% of babies arrive on their "due date," I'm not holding fast to that at all, but it would be sort of nice if he came on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Nich gets three days of paternity leave (for how great his employer is about family matters, this is one area where they really drop the ball), so it would be nice if his three days could fall around a weekend so he could have five days home in a row.

I just can't believe how fast it's going!

And Baby G's big enough now that when he moves around, my belly looks like it's having its own version of a mini earthquake. I can see little knobby things from time to time, too!

We received our first gifts from one of our registries this past week. I've always loved mail, but it is especially fun to see the UPS truck pull up in front of our house now. And a friend's mom made us a really cute quilt with a matching pillow and burp cloth that she dropped by today (because they're migrating south for the winter soon :~)). So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment