"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

23 November 2010

Well!

Apparently, God has other ideas for my day. I took my first load of laundry downstairs, brought the cans of primer up to start working on the baby's dresser, sat down at my desk, stretched ... and threw out my upper back.

I tried to keep moving around for a bit, hoping it would work itself out, but eventually, the pain got so bad that I had to lie down. Half an hour later, even moving my neck or arms slightly began to hurt so much that I was crying. Sniffling hurt, and I began to feel quite pathetic. I called Nich to tell him what was going on, and he was able to arrange to come home to help.

We've scheduled an appointment with our chiropractor for this afternoon and got the okay from the OB's office to take Tylenol and ice my back at intervals until then.

So my plans for a productive day have been tossed out the window, but as my sweet husband just reminded me, I need to slow down. So no subbing today, no laundry (at least, not by me), and no painting.

Just resting.

And I've got to be okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment