"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

17 February 2011

Always Learning

I often wish that there was a job for me where I would be paid to go take classes, to read and write to my heart's content, to travel and observe...

And although that's probably never going to happen, I do realize that I am learning every day.

- I ought to be grateful that I've had a fairly easy pregnancy for the past ten months
- Just because I haven't been super-emotional during this pregnancy doesn't mean that I'm going to be able to hold it together all the time (I've cried twice this week already)
- It doesn't mean I'm weak because my back HURTS continuously
- That I need to be more cautious, because one slip on the ice last night has made my pelvic region feel like it's been bruised very badly
- Adjusting to having another adult in the house has been extraordinarily difficult for me
- Realizing the prior statement, I need to pray more for grace, patience, and strength for when the baby comes, because that'll make TWO new people in the house for the next month
- I need alone time, and I need just me-and-Nich time, every day
- I have really, really good friends, even if most of them are far away
- I really have enjoyed having this little boy growing inside me. I love feeling him move around in there, and it's one of the things I'm going to miss most about being pregnant.
- I know that being entrusted with this new life is a privilege, and the closer that we get to Baby G being born, the more I'm realizing the significance of that truth
- I really love waking up early and opening the curtains to be greeted with a glorious sunrise
- I'm craving sunshine, warmth, fresh fruit, and the ocean

There are probably a lot of other things I could list, but
1. I'm emotionally a bit exhausted (I know, already)
2. I have laundry to do

2 comments: