"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

06 December 2011

My Husband Rocks

Go check out this blog for an entry to her "The Kind of Man I Married Giveaway", and while you're at it, tell her why your husband (or wife) rocks. :~)

This was my entry:

"My husband rocks because he put his dreams of finishing college on hold (which was the whole reason he served six years in the military) so that he could get a full-time job to sponsor my visa (so we could stay in the same country). He was willing to work a maintenance job at our church, something many young people these days would consider themselves “too good” for, and did it joyfully to provide for the two of us as newlyweds. He has faithfully and joyfully gone to work everyday at his current desk job for the past three years, even though he isn’t at all the cubicle type. We chat every day during his lunch hour. He calls me every day on his way home from work. He offers to get Chinese if he knows I’ve had a trying day. He is a wonderful father to our baby boy. One of the best things in my day is hearing our little guy giggle as he crawls at lightning speed to meet his daddy when my husband comes home from work. Those are just a few reasons why my husband rocks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment