"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

28 April 2012

Cinnamon Squares & Birthday Treats

I may never make cinnamon rolls again after discovering how easy cinnamon squares are to make. I have my friend Danielle to thank for the link to the recipe.
Look at that buttery goodness (and my little container of dried seaweed on top of my spice rack, ha ha)
A little somebody squeezed himself between me and the counter and little fingers inched upward to sneak pieces of yummy dough
Mmmm ... almost ready to go in the oven
Had to stuff them all in there!
Scrumptiously crispy-sugary on top and oh-so-soft and buttery on the inside
A perfect treat for a girls' coffee night last week
In other news, another birthday has come and gone. Nich surprised me with flowers and mangoes (my favorite fruit, but we rarely find good ones here) when he came home from work that day. Aren't they pretty? He has never bought me lilies before; he said he got them because of their color. I do love how bright they are.
Instant cheer for my kitchen windowsill
Blooming beautifully today
Last night, one of the girls in our community group/Bible study surprised me with a yummy dessert concoction involving mangoes (she did a little inquiring ahead of time) and phyllo dough. Not only was it a scrumptious treat, I so appreciated her thoughtfulness. She also brought a large jar of homemade chili for us to enjoy.

The chili was perfect for our lunch today, as we had a Productive Saturday (meaning, we accomplished quite a bit of Home Lovin'). We did also have a little bit of fun, though, as our little neighbor friend Carter came to play while his parents finish the last portions of their move. We sure will miss having them next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment