"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

16 November 2012

On a Sunny Thursday Afternoon...

On a sunny Thursday afternoon,

I go to an aquarium to pick up our family's very first annual passes (to anything), and I delight in watching my little boy's excitement over the "wee-shees" (fishies). 

I am unable to take pictures with my camera, because it says the memory card is full. Impossible. I just emptied it yesterday. So I take blurry phone pictures to send to N at work.

I receive a fun phone call alerting me to the safe landing of dear friends after their five years in Australia. They have a layover in our city, so I dash home, hurriedly pack supplies for the little one, fill the tank (can't get over the $3.05/gallon prices here!), pick up Husband, and spend too much time in traffic get to the airport.

I learn that N and I are referred to as one person sometimes
I'm okay with that. 
Especially when it's in a squeaky little boy voice.

And I get to cuddle our friends' unbelievably adorable baby girl, with her head full of red hair, who I've never met before.

We get home, and N says he will put B to bed so I can go out with Heather to her Sunday School class' ladies' night.

I have an amazing quinoa salad for dinner. 

   When I ask N to take a look at the camera, he asks, "Where is the memory card?"

And I remember: sitting by the futon where I uploaded pictures yesterday. 

2 comments: