"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

14 January 2013

Taggie Blanket: A Baby Sewing Project

We had a pretty terrific weekend over here at the Boots & Bare Feet household. Although it rained (and I mean, rained) all day on Saturday, we made the most of the day by having a fun breakfast together, doing some housework in the morning, and going to the aquarium in the afternoon. Yesterday, we re-visited a local church and then went for a "hike" after lunch. I put "hike" in parentheses because when we got to the start of the "Nature Trail" near us, we saw that it was paved. We laughed pretty much the entire way about that one. This is certainly not the Adirondacks.

We did, however, see a beautiful heron sitting by the creek on our hike. After we watched it for a few minutes, it spread its wings and flew upstream a little ways. B's face lit up in amazement. I don't think he realized until that moment that it was a bird, and I'm pretty sure it's the biggest bird he's ever seen.

A few days ago, I finally unpacked my sewing machine and whipped up a baby shower gift for one of the many babies who are due to be born in the first half of this year.
Isn't it cute?!

I've made several of these over the past couple years, but I think this one is by far my favorite.

If you've never made one of these and want to learn, it is super-easy. I learned a few things about it by trial and error, but if you want to avoid all that, my friend Lindsey over at The Daily Me has a pattern for sale for $0.75.

In some fun news, the sewing/craft portion of our extra room is mostly set up, and last night, N put together his desk in the corner. Eventually, we will get around to decorating. I'll post a picture or two when we're done.

I've started my 2013 Book List here. I'm a little embarrassed to say that it took me into the second week of the month to do it.
Here's my 2012 Book List if you missed it.

I have an energetic little boy who woke up half an hour early and is currently bouncing around in the kitchen, chattering to his daddy, so I had better go help get N out the door for work!

Have a marvelous Monday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout out! Also...you so should NOT be embarrassed that it has taken you two weeks to complete your book list (there are many of us, *cough cough* who will NEVER get to making a list lol)

    ReplyDelete