"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

18 February 2013

"Doc Zoolie"

Source
I had all a million things I wanted to write about today, but at this moment, I just have one thing in mind.

One of our prayers for our new home in Texas was that God would provide a great chiropractor to replace Dr. Keith's amazing care for our overall health in New York. I think we've found a keeper in Dr. Julie at Allen Family Chiropractic!
Source
A few weeks ago, B took a nose-dive (literally) out of N's arms, which resulted in his very first bloody nose. Because of the way he hit the carpet, we were concerned about potential neck strain, so we made it a priority to look into pediatric chiropractors in our area.  I am so thankful this morning for Dr. Julie (or "Doc Zoolie" as B calls her) and the tender care she provides for B.  We have had three appointments since B's fall, and although the first one was a bit difficult for B (when he heard "chiropractor," I think he was fully expecting Dr. Keith), since then, when N gets home, B is eager to share: "Doc Zoolie Ben-nan back click-click!"
I think the one thing that would make it even better for B is if they had a table like this:
Source
Part of the reason I really appreciate chiropractic care is being able to go to a practitioner who believes in holistic care. Regular visits to Dr. Keith did wonders for all three of us, even before B was born. I am thankful to be blessed with the reminder each time we have a chiropractic appointment that our bodies are incredible with an amazing capacity for healing.

When I went to a GP to inquire about a cyst on my wrist that appeared a couple months ago, she talked about surgery and prescription medications (neither of which I opted for, because the cyst wasn't really bothering me). When I mentioned it to Dr. Julie, she told me that as long as it wasn't causing pain, it was fine. She showed me a couple stretches to do and recommended icing it. As of a few days ago, that cyst is gone.

And finally, it was because of finding Allen Family Chiropractic that we were lead to the church we are currently attending, one that might very possibly be our new church home! I'll share more about that when we're positive this is where we'll be planting roots, but for now, I'll just say that after a few months of searching, it has meant so much to our hearts to go to church to worship wholeheartedly and enthusiastically (the worship at this church is beyond incredible, both the worship team and the congregation), to learn Bible-based truths, to hear from our son's lips that he had "fun" in children's church after weeks of hearing "NO FUN!" every time we pulled into a church parking lot, to actually recognize someone after the service to say hello to.


What are YOU thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment