"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

28 June 2013

Oh, Technology: So Long, Google Reader

Technology, why must you be so fickle? And really, why are you ruining a good thing?

Apparently, as of July 1 (as in, next week), Google Reader will no longer exist. So if you are currently following my blog, that won't work anymore.

Sniff.

There are other options out there, although none are nearly as convenient has having one built into the system.

Really, why are they doing this?

Okay, I'll stop with the pity party.

Out of all the options I've seen so far, Bloglovin' seems like the quickest (hence, most painless) way to directly import all your blogs that you currently follow with Google Reader in one click. I just did it myself, and it seems to have worked.

That said, after the serious post yesterday and then this very not-fun public service announcement, I thought I would leave you with some unexpected photos.

My toddler has discovered selfies.

He also takes photos of us in the car:
And of me when he has his half-hour of screen time tucked into our bed while I get ready in the morning:
You can imagine my surprise when I went into our photo stream recently to find all these random photos! It's no joke that our kids know/will know so much more about technology than we do! I mean, I think I pretty much just played with a Cabbage Patch doll when I was Little B's age.

Don't forget to show Boots&Feet some lovin' over at Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment