"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

08 November 2013

The Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

This photo has absolutely nothing to do with my post. I just thought it was so funny that my toddler was trying to "jump on [his] shadow" at the playground yesterday.
Anyway, on to the serious business of a recent recipe by The Pioneer Woman.

Oh. my. word.

My entire house smells amazing right now with the wafting aroma of four pans of freshly baked, scrumptious, pumpkin cinnamon rolls topped with homemade cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with chopped pecans.

Doesn't just reading that make your mouth water?

I would tell you to come on over, because there is certainly plenty to go around, but seeing as most of you don't live anywhere near here, I'll share the recipe instead.

Head over to The Pioneer Woman and you can find her recipe HERE.

As a side note, this is one of my favorite parts to making rolls and bread:
There is just something so satisfying about peeking under that dish towel and seeing how puffy your dough is.

Am I alone in this?

Oh, and a trick to making sure that your dough rises in a draft-free, warm place? Stick it in the microwave with a Pyrex full of boiled water! It works perfectly for me!

This was also a great way to use the pumpkin puree I had made and frozen after we carved our pumpkins last week.

Anyway, here are my finished rolls:

Make them. Trust me. They will change your life.

Okay, maybe not.

But seriously, try them. They're incredible. 

P.S. My husband just walked into the house, sniffed, and said, "Wow, the house smells amazing." See? You HAVE to try these!

1 comment: