"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

15 February 2011

Needing Mercy

Yep, still here and still pregnant.

Nich and I didn't go to church on Sunday because frankly, we're sick and tired of people saying stupid things to us. He handles it with much more grace than I do -- as with most things in life -- but even he has reached a point of irritation. Honestly, what goes on in people's heads to say things like, "Are you still here?!"

Well, obviously, unless you have frequent hallucinations, and then the problem is with you and not with me.

I've also been deleting people's posts on my FB wall that are along the lines of, "Still pregnant? Hasn't that baby shown up yet?" and posted this instead. Maybe they'll get the hint.

So we pretty much holed up at home all weekend, except to take a "breather" out in Saratoga on Sunday afternoon. We seriously thought Baby G would be here by now, but I guess my body just isn't wanting to cooperate. Not that I'm ungrateful, because it has done a great job thus far with this pregnancy. I'm so thankful that I haven't had most of the typical pregnancy woes, but

I'm

Just

DONE.

The nurse today mentioned induction, and I was surprised to find that I got pretty darn irritated (on the inside) with her. I don't want to be induced, damn it. I want my body to do this on its own, and I don't want to be strapped down and hooked up to machines for extended periods of time while I'm at the hospital. We still have until Friday (9 days past my "due date") before they'll seriously talk to us about it, so I'm just PRAYING Baby G comes before then.

Furthermore, my mom arrives this evening, which is sort of stressing me out for a variety of reasons.

I've been more teary and moody during the past few days about everything than I have been during the ENTIRE pregnancy.

God, have mercy.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Baby G,

    Please come soon. We are all looking forward to meeting you, especially your Mommy and Daddy. They won't tell us what your name is until you're born, so there's incentive for us to want you to show up soon too. (It's ok; we did that with your friend Simon too and everyone survived. I'm just saying that the anticipation is great for everyone involved!)

    Just so you know, your Mommy has loved having you inside her. But she thinks maybe it's time for your Daddy and Grandma and other people who love you very much to take turns holding on to you.

    There are cool things waiting for you in the world. You can take naps on Mommy and Daddy's chest, have just about all the milk your tummy can handle, and see the faces attached to those voices you've been listening to for so long. There's a whole bedroom just for you, full of toys and cute little clothes.

    So, we think it would be great if you'd come out here. It won't be the same as what you're used to; it will be better.

    Love,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete