"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

06 April 2011

Overwhelmed

It's an hour past our new regular bed time, and Brennan is all of a sudden incredibly upset. He was all smiles and coos while I was changing him after his last feeding, and then one of the stupid new Fuzzibunz diapers we got last week leaked (AGAIN), and ever since then, he has been inconsolably screaming. I hate those stupid diapers, and Cottonbabies won't take them back. I feel sick for having spent that $117, and I feel terrible that I don't know what to do to help my baby feel better.

Not only that, our lease is up at the end of next month, and it doesn't look like we'll be moving to Texas this year either. So we're looking for housing up here again, and apartments are so expensive.

I feel helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment