"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

06 November 2011

Baby Butt

There are few things in the world cuter than a baby butt.

A few nights ago, after bath time, I kissed Brennan on the behind and looked up to see Nich giving me a funny look. "Well, I have to do it now before he gets too old for it to be appropriate," I told him.

Tonight, after I put Brennan in his crib, I sat down in the semi-darkness (he has a rocket ship night-light), and watched him settle himself down. It was pretty amusing, and I had a hard time not giggling at the sight of my little boy kicking his legs until they were tucked up underneath his body, sitting up, bunching up his blankie, burying his face one way, then another, before he finally fell asleep.

Lately, this is how he sleeps:

Nich says he used to sleep exactly the same way when he was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment