"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

28 January 2012

Baby Sickies + Crafting = No Blog Posts

Little Bhas been sick off and on since the day after Christmas. In a nutshell, he has had: his very first ear infection, a stomach bug, roseola, a mysterious off-and-on fever, and a cold, all in the span of this past month. Poor kiddo. I sure like his cuddly little self when he's sick (because when he's himself, he is going a mile-a-minute and definitely not into snuggling), but enough is enough! He had a fever-free day today, though, so hopefully, he's on the mend!

I've also been working on several craft projects. I've been working on a wedding afghan for a friend for a while now. I'm also participating in a square swap for an afghan project for the first portion of this year. That should be fun. I finished my first square tonight, and I'm excited about getting all my squares, too. I'm also working on a pillow case for Brennan's little "squish" pillow. The cover that came with it is 1. fleece, so the static it creates "pops" B at night and 2. has a zipper that scratches his skin. Obviously, that won't do, so I'm crocheting a new cover for it.

It is now much too late, so that's it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment