"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

09 August 2012

"No, Thank You..."

According to my husband, I say random things when I'm in that drifting off stage of sleep. Apparently, I have spoken of armadillo babies before, as well as a few other uncharacteristic topics. I have a hard time believing all the things that he claims I say, because really. Why would armadillos even BE in my thoughts? I mean, this is the stuff of nightmares!

Anyway, I just checked my email and found one from N titled, "Funny things you say in bed..."

The contents read: "I gave you a kiss on the head after I came out of the bathroom last night. You stirred a little and said "no thank you Tony Stark." :) I'm not emailing you this because I'm making this up. I love you!"

I find it humorous that he included a disclaimer. As if I'm the one who has superheros on the brain. Pssshaw.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday's Joy Dare: 3 Gifts in Summer

Mine are: water in all forms (to drink, for cool showers, the swimming pool, the splash pad, lakes, etc.), our anniversary (which was yesterday!), and the birthdays of people special to me (N, my dad, my mentor from high school, and a few others)

What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment