"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

26 September 2012

When Life Throws You A Curveball

Remember when I made The Blanket for Baby Tessa?

All three of Zoe's previous babies arrived early, so as she approached the 40-week mark, she was understandably QUITE ready for Tessa to arrive.

A week ago, I sent her this picture, mostly to make her laugh, but also because, having had a 11-days-past-the-due-date, 9.5 pound baby myself, I wholeheartedly sympathized.

Two days later, Baby Aram arrived.

That's right, "Tessa" was a BOY.

In his first introductions to the world via Facebook, he was clad head-to-toe in pink. What funny stories he will have as he grows older! And what great pictures for his wedding reception (if they're still doing that sort of thing when this next generation is getting married)!

Immediately, I thought of that very girly, pink-and-purple, flowery blanket I had crocheted.

"Well, that will not do," I thought to myself, and the following day (which very conveniently happened to be a Saturday), I took a little trip to the craft aisle.
Because I'm short on time and long on things to do before our move to Texas, Baby Aram's blanket is smaller than the other one. But it will work just fine for a wee little guy.

Welcome to the world, Aram Daniel! What an entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment