"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

14 November 2012

I'm Going to Kill That Dog: A Stream of Consciousness Post

Catching up on last night's DWTS results show.

Crocheting.

Blogging during the commercials.

I hate that man on the Allstate commercials.

I wish I could figure out how to upload videos. Something to do with converting the files from how my camera records them. Low on my list of to-do's right now. 

There's a dog down the street who will not stop barking.

I'm having violent thoughts about that stupid dog.

I am very noise-sensitive.

Wearing socks right now because my heels are cracking.

I really dislike socks.

I'm grateful I have socks to wear, because:
1. It's kind of a miracle I packed any socks to bring instead of putting them all in storage, because I rarely wear them, and more importantly,
2. I've been reminded a lot lately about how much I possess, both materially and immaterially. 

Thankful for a husband who takes us out to dinner because I've had a long day and need a treat -- after he's had a long day himself.

I really, really love our little boy. He's a bundle of wonderful, and he's just so stinkin' cute to boot!

Prayed for mercy during B's pre-bedtime routine, asking God for a full, uninterrupted night's sleep. Nothing seems more blissful than that tonight.

My Compassion post for the month is currently featured on their highlighted blog posts page! I feel pseudo-famous. (Can you tell I've had a long day? Anything remotely nice seems like a HUGE deal.)

AND ... drumroll, please ... We're closing on the house this coming Monday! 

I'm going to kill that dog.

But my heels are cracking.

And "Newsies" is just too awesome. Good call, DWTS producers.

No comments:

Post a Comment