"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

14 December 2012

Busy Bee

My hands have been kept busy with Hannah Plays Hooky orders for Christmas as well as the general hectic-ness of settling into a new home, raising a toddler, everyone getting a round of a cold virus...

But fear not! I haven't forgotten about you, blog friends!
B likes to say, "B do it" & "help" Mommy.
The last time I tried to include pictures in a blog post, Blogger told me I had reached my picture quota and that I needed to pay to add anymore. Paying to upload my own pictures onto my own blog is not my idea of fun, so if that continues to be the case, I'll have to figure out another way to continue this. I will definitely keep you all posted on that.

Here is a glimpse at what I've been working on:
 I know many of you have asked to see pictures of the new house. I'm not holding out on you, I promise. The honest ... and a bit embarrassing ... truth is that although we've been here almost a month now, we have hardly taken any pictures of the house and rooms in it. I'll have to do that soon, especially since everything is so pretty with Christmas decor.

Until then, here is one of the front of the house that I took several mornings ago when we got a light dusting of snow:
We were so excited (we're missing the snowy Christmas season of upstate New York)! The neighbors probably thought I was crazy for being out there in flipflops and my tank top.

Okay, I've got to go work on some more stockings (our own!) while the little man naps. Thanks for sticking with me here, friends! Hope you're having a marvelous Christmas season!

And to leave you with something fun, go visit the Pioneer Woman and enter for an awesome giveaway for your very own, brand spankin' new COWGIRL boots!  I mean, after all, we're in Texas now. Gotta get some Texas spirit going!

No comments:

Post a Comment