"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

08 January 2013

Catching Up in Photos

I've been so busy this past month that I've neglected this blog sorely. My apologies.

Thus, here is a catch-up with all the photos I've been meaning to share on here. Obviously, I won't write entire posts to accompany each, so you'll have to do with snippets.
I've heard many, many people (friends, professional chefs, TV personalities) laud the glories of cast iron skillets. We got this one from N's Momma (grandmother) years ago. We were a bit intimidated about the seasoning aspect of it, so we let it sit in storage for years. A couple weeks ago, we got up the gumption to try it out and immediately regretted it. There was SO. MUCH. SMOKE.

We later learned that cast iron skillets can be seasoned on a grill. Outside. In fresh air.

We're planning on giving it another go once we get a propane tank for our grill.

Here are a few of the projects and orders I made over the past month:
This was meant to be a penguin hat for B, but N liked it just as a black beanie.
The blue and white stocking was an order for a baby's first Christmas.
After making so many owl hats for orders, B had to have one for himself.
I made several green and white hats for the Beanies for Brave Students project.
My friend Jessica hit 1000 fans on her business page.
I contributed a "Mommy & Me" ear warmer set for her huge giveaway.
I made this set for our "niece" Sophie's first Christmas.
A friend ordered A Very Hungry Caterpillar gift set.
My friend Julie surrounded by her feathery flock of niece/nephews.
I made some Christmas finger jello and took some along when we went down to Houston for Christmas. It ended up being a big hit with my teenage brother-in-law. I apologize for the terrible quality of the pictures. I took them late at night; the jello took hours to make.
So thankful for the pull-out drawer in my refrigerator!
And here are some photos of Christmas around our home and during the holiday week. I just love Christmas. Everything is just so ... twinkly!
B's first Christmas presents came in the mail not long after we moved into our new house.
Cars and a great book from Grandma Jo!
Moving the heart to Christmas Eve!
He let out a delighted "Wow!" at the snowflakes we had made the night before after he went to bed.
Christmas Eve Breakfast
Sometimes, the boxes are just as fun as the presents.
Christmas #2 at Mimi & PeePaw's house in Houston
B scored an awesome, shiny, new tricycle!
We had breakfast with N's uncle and aunt the next day.
We got to visit with Lita and Mr. Charlie (N's best friend's parents).
We had Christmas #3 with N's cousins in Beaumont.
The entire McDowell+ clan, with the newest McDowell in Vanessa's belly!
Taking a fresh air break on the road trip home

Phew! Are you tired? I sure am, although that might have more to do with it being almost eleven o'clock at night and a fast-asleep husband next to me. We've been listening to an audio book together for the past few days, and he fell asleep before we even got through one chapter!

Thanks for checking in with me, blog world friends! Stay tuned for a fun post coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment