"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

06 February 2013

What Love Looks Like These Days

Remember how I mentioned that N and I are doing the Love Dare? We're not being super-disciplined about it; in fact, we've kind of just been doing the dares as we remember to (meaning that sometimes, he's farther along in the assignments and sometimes I am).

I wanted to post brief updates as we go through the book, though, just to let you know how it's going.

Plus, it's February.

And Valentine's Day is around the corner.

So is Little B's birthday, but that's another story.

Here is what love is looking like these days in our house:

*He brought be flowers randomly one evening. The bouquet lasted for weeks, and when the more fragile petals died, I put the remaining ones in smaller vases on my kitchen windowsill so I could see them all day, every day.

*He empties the dishwasher for me every single morning (if it is full and clean, obviously) before he goes to work.
*He also makes me a pot of coffee before leaving for work. He doesn't even drink coffee.

The thing is, none of these things are in the book. He just does them out of love. 

*happy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment