"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

20 March 2013

Little Bits o' Happy

I have something I am oh-so-eager to share with you, but I need to wait until the end of this weekend to tell you. Keeping secrets is so hard, especially when they're one's own!

Today's post is a random compilation of things that are bringing me little bits of happy lately.
I've seen this floating around on FB for a while now, but every time I see it, it makes me laugh.
We saved some of our decor projects from B's birthday party, and the train and crossing sign have taken up a semi-permanent residence by our fireplace. B has pulled off the number 2 and some of the spokes, but otherwise, they have held up surprisingly well to a little boy's rough-and-tumble play. I kind of like having this reminder of a very fun day celebrating our favorite little man in a place where I see it multiple times a day.
After some cuddles and books on the couch yesterday afternoon, I went into the kitchen to begin dinner. A few minutes into it, I turned from the sink to the stove and discovered that my little shadow had slipped in quietly after me and settled himself nicely on the floor behind me.
I found the mirror at a local resale shop for a steal! Isn't it cute? I thought it would add just the right punch of color to the wall behind the rocker in B's room. I love it every time I see it!
When we moved in, this entire area was a mess of some sort of tangled, vine-y nonsense. After a couple weekends' worth of hard work (and anti-inflammatories), we had the area cleared out. I planted some daisies and cosmos seeds in the empty area at the bottom left corner, and I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that they come up and bloom cheerful and bright! I just moved those bulbs this afternoon. They were haphazardly surrounding the trees in our backyard, which worked for the elderly couple who used to live here, but not so well for a family with a small child who likes to run about and explore. I was glad to have a new home for them, and I can't wait until they bloom so we can know what they are!
After a couple hours helping mama work hard outside, Little B declared that "Mommy tired. Need go night-night in B's kib." Then he settled himself in his "doggie cheh-uh" with his "fishy book."
Isn't this fabulous? It was made by a fellow crafter in my online crochet group, and I think it's simply wonderful. I would probably use a different group of colors, but I just love the punchy stripes and the bunches of flowers. And the colorful bird is a nice touch, don't you think?

Well, it's getting close to my bedtime. Thanks for visiting with me today, and stay tuned for a fun post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment