"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

15 June 2014

Thai Food & Culture Festival

A couple weeks ago, we ventured downtown to the Buddhist Center of Dallas to attend the Thai Food & Culture Festival. One of my favorite aspects of living here is the great variety of foods and cultures to which we have access. I love that my children can grow up tasting food and meeting people from all over the world.
It was hot.
We found a semi-shady spot where we could sit and wait as N grabbed us some yummy lunch from the food tents.
Enthralled with the massive goldfish
The performances varied from being kind of boring (like this one, where the ladies just kind of assumed poses and held them for long periods of time)...
...to being fascinating (like this instrumental piece).
B lost interest. There were airplanes to observe.
I love elephants.
Best picture I could get
This photo makes it look deceptively uncrowded. There were a LOT of people there.
And our Little Lady A just snoozed right through the entire thing.
Tonight, we put the kids to bed early. B had been cranky all afternoon, due to an "off" day yesterday (because I was in bed sick) and going to bed pretty late. And A was fussy, partially due to gas, but probably also because I hadn't held her much in the past couple days.

After both kids were in bed, N asked me what I wanted to eat, because he was going to treat us to take-out and a quiet night in, catching up on a couple of our favorite shows on Hulu.

As I thought about it, I realized, "Wow! We really DO have such great options here!" 

Since it's Father's Day Weekend and all, I picked Mexican. Because although we joke around here that food is one of N's love languages, Mexican food takes that to its own level. My husband lo-o-o-oves Mexican food.

And one of my new favorite things?

Mexican coke.

It comes in a glass bottle.

And almost ... almost ... tastes just like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment