"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

26 October 2010

Busy Bee

I had intended on sleeping in this morning so that I could get some extra rest. I've been more tired lately, and I had a full day of subbing yesterday, as well as the closing shift at the mall.

Well, I was woken up with a subbing request for a half day, so I decided to make the most of the morning, and boy, for it not even being nine o'clock, I sort of feel like crawling back under the covers. But I already made the bed, and I don't feel like taking all the pillows off and remaking it an hour later. :~)

I packed Nich's lunch, made him breakfast, have laundry going, swept the kitchen/dining room floor, and have pumpkin spice beer bread baking in the oven (which smells amazing). I'd still like to get the final coat of paint on the changing table before hopping in the shower, but that shouldn't take too long.

*Had to take a break to switch the laundry here.*

Now I'm waiting for the bread to cool while sipping my peppermint tea, and I'd like to share a new blog I discovered this morning: Bring the Rain. I absolutely love the song that the blog title is taken from (by Mercy Me), because it reminds me that God knows what He's doing. The blog author is Angie Smith, wife of Selah's Todd Smith. I came across it via a YouTube video a friend of mine posted (below), and when I read her original post regarding their little Audrey, I just wept. What heartbreak, and what faith!

Also, the cholera outbreak in Haiti is spreading. Part of me prays for God's mercy on the country, part of me struggles to understand why one small country is enduring so many trials in such a short period of time, part of me grieves that those of us who live in more comfortable surroundings forget so quickly.

So busy morning today, and I had better get to painting before I run out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment