I'm just having one of those days where everything is making me cranky. Here's a brief run-down:
1. We got to church a bit late (after the first song started).
2. When we got to our seats, we discovered for the second week in a row, that the rows had been pushed together so closely that I could not comfortably stand (and even with my little belly, I'm not that fat!).
3. Pet peeve: worship leaders who use the stage as an outlet for their own creativity over actually leading worship, resulting in distraction from worship.
4. Pet peeve 2: numerous spelling mistakes in a slide show shown to make the service more "relevant" to the younger generation
5. Annoyingly loud person at our 20Somethings group who just doesn't "get" it
6. tired of feeling like our relationships here are so superficial and also tired of everyone asking about the baby but not caring enough to offer any real support or help
7. Snapping at my husband when we got home because I'd just reached my breaking point
So now I'm huddled under the covers in bed feeling sorry for myself, for Nich, and for God for having to put up with me.
"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner