"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

24 June 2013

Line 'Em Up!

We had quite a busy weekend here at the Boots & Feet household, kicking off with a bang on Saturday morning with B's second swim lesson. I decided last minute to stay home, which ended up working out well for all of us. B did very well at his lesson, and was apparently much more compliant than last week (probably because it wasn't his first time but also perhaps because he didn't have me there as an additional distraction). And of course, I certainly appreciated the 45 minutes of quiet, just-me-in-the-house peace. 

Our backyard was becoming a jungle, so we spent much of the remainder of the day outside, pulling and mowing and watering and raking and just prettifying. We had planned to have supper with friends, so lightning quick showers took place and we had an evening of scrumptious food, good conversation, and lots of rambunctious play.

Yesterday, my college friend Andrea came for lunch and a visit after church. She's in town for an AP Calculus conference.
How many of you knew that such a thing existed?

Seriously.

Anyway, it was so good to see her and after some warming up, B decided she was a fun new friend and requested that "Miss An-jrea" push him in his swing outside.

I had to leave in the middle of her visit (something you can only do with old friends!) because I was registered to go hear this amazing woman speak.
More on that later.

But to peak your curiosity and perhaps give you some incentive to stop by again, there will be a GIVEAWAY involved!
This morning, we had a fun playdate with some friends from church/Kindermusik. I made blueberry scones with a lemon glaze (YUM!) with the aid of my little helper.
I also put out some pretty flowers from around our garden, which continues to surprise us with unexpected blossoms of loveliness.
One of the things I've enjoyed most about this first spring in our house is that we don't know what the previous owners had planted around the yard. We thought we knew what we had by May, but in June, we've had daisies, something that looks a bit like tiger lilies, and blossoms from the crepe myrtle trees.

B was nicely tuckered out in time for his nap, sleeping a solid 2+ hours, which allowed me to eat lunch in peace, putter around the house, and take a short nap myself.

These are rare occasions. My boy is a busy bee and has energy in abundance. This morning, he decided his little kitchen stool just wouldn't suffice for effectively helping me with the baking, so he went to the laundry room and carried out my step-stool all himself, grunting all the while from the effort.

Just like a little man.

I mean, that thing IS heavy with its steel frame, especially for a two-year old. But he did it.

And this.

This is what happens when I leave my two guys to themselves for five minutes while I peruse the clearance racks at Sears, looking for garage organizing ideas.
He managed to rearrange all the push mowers at Sears into a line.

Imagine how much we'd all accomplish every day if we had toddler energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment