"If the God you believe in as an idea doesn’t start showing up in what happens to you in your own life, you have as much cause for concern as if the God you don’t believe in as an idea does start showing up. It is absolutely crucial, therefore, to keep in constant touch with what is going on in your own life’s story and to pay close attention to what is going on in the stories of others’ lives. If God is present anywhere, it is in those stories that God is present. If God is not present in those stories, then they are scarcely worth telling." ~ Frederick Buechner

14 January 2015

Life in Photos

I don't really have anything to write about tonight.

And before those of you who actually know me keel over in shock, let me clarify and say that the things that are at the forefront of my mind aren't blog-appropriate. At least, not in their current state.

So instead of writing, let me share a bit of what we've been up to over the past couple days in photos!
My whole family (except me) sleeps in this strange and uncomfortable looking position on a regular basis.
All bundled up for a brisk walk with a friend. Except the hands. Little Miss wouldn't keep her mittens on.
On the way back home, I noticed this van, with a sign for French classes, tutoring, and conversation. It made me nostalgic for a time when I was fluent enough to talk about history and politics in French, as well as read actual French novels.
Little Man likes to tinker around the house with his tools.
He is also still a terrific helper. This was pizza night!
Little Lady would like to help, too.
Doing some more "work" with his tools before bed

The kids both slept in until 8:30 this morning, so I had time to shower, get dressed, put on make up for BSF AND make/have breakfast with my husband before he left for work! What a rare treat ("rare" = hasn't happened since I don't know when)!
I can't believe she still fits in the infant car seat! B was out of this thing by 7 months, I think!
A trip to the library after BSF: B likes to "write" things down on the scrap paper by the computers in the children's area.
Photo by B

No comments:

Post a Comment